GIMIAS Workshop 2010
Created on Friday, 26 November 2010 11:18
GIMIAS: a prototype development tool
This hands-on workshop may be of interest for research groups interested in the creation of clinical prototypes, algorithms, or demonstrators to be evaluated by clinicians or others professionals and facilitate technology and scientific knowledge transfer. This workshop is organised by CISTIB (Center for Computational and Information Technologies in Biomedicine - www.cistib.upf.edu) in Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona.
Workshop Date: 15th of December 2010
Universitat Pompeu Fabra
C/Roc Boronat, 138
- Chiara Riccobene
- Xavier Planes
- Pedro Omedas
Registration and further information, please don’t hesitate to contact:
Phone: +34 93 542 13 47
Please note that the number of places on the workshop will be limited. Places will be offered on a first come, first served basis.
No charge will be made for the workshop. However, workshop delegates must cover their own travel and accommodation costs.
Gimias it's an Open Source Framework that allows you to develop your own algorithms and to have an easy and nice software where to test and show them.
Some of the things you will learn in the workshop are:
- How to install / build Gimias framework , short presentation of available functionalities (interaction and visualization : look these movies to have an overview)
- How to add external libraries to this framework and how to use them easily (a lot of external libraries are already available in the framework: VTK, ITK, Vmtk and much more )
- How to create your own library in the framework and how to add it with automatic GUI to GIMIAS (discover how easy it is to have your own algorithm into a software: commandLinePlugin)
- How to create your own Plugin, where you can add readers, writers and create your own working area
- How to share CommandLinePlugins or Plugins with other developers just by sending a simple dll to be plugged in gimias.
- Your algorithms can be easily tested in a clinical environment using DICOM/PACS, medical imaging visualization, usable GUI and workflow navigation.
|9:00 a 9:30
|9:30 a 11:00
||CISTIB presentation (10 min)
GIMIAS presentation (20 min)
DEMO GIMIAS v.1.2.0 (30 min)
DEMO Applications (15 min)
|11:00 a 11:15
|11:15 a 13:00
||Build GIMIAS Framework (15 min)
Integrate a third party library (15 min)
Integrate a module (wrapper for third party or algorithm) (15 min)
Create a CommandLine and connect it with your third party /module (1 h)
|13:00 a 14:00
|14:00 a 15:45
||Create a GIMIAS Plugin (1.45 h)
|15:45 a 16:00
|16:00 a 17:30
||Specific practical session
|17:30 a 17:45
|17:45 a 18:00