From wikipedia: "A prototype is an original type, form, or instance of something serving as a typical example, basis, or standard for other things of the same category"
GIMIAS clinical prototype referes to the previuos step of a comercial clinical application, before being integrated into a comercial product by a industrial company. There are two separate cycles when developing a GIMIAS prototype:
- Development: The first one is the development of the prototype itself inside GIMIAS.
- Technology transfer: The second one refers to the integration of the prototype functionality in a comercial product.
GIMIAS prototype development
The development of a GIMIAS prototype involves three actors:
- Researcher: Writes paper with innovative biomedical methods and algorithms and develops these in C++
- Scientific developer: Develops Plugins with graphical interface in GIMIAS
- Clinician: Tests the Clinical Prototype
The second cycle involves two main actors:
- Industry scientific developer: Integrates the GIMIAS prototype into a comercial product
- Clinician: Uses the final biomedical application